Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sachchi Advice

Ye mat karo, isse aise karo, this is not correct, you could have done better if you have worked just a little harder, you are intelligent – you should have taken science … blah blah blah … sounds familiar? Well every one of us have heard such advices from every one possible around us, be it our parents, siblings, relatives, cousins, friends, teachers, mentors etc. Though we may have felt irritated and even ngry on most of these comments, but will be always these couple of guiding words which will stuck with us and have such deep impact that it will end up shaping our life.

It happened to me too when I was at the juncture of taking one of the most important decisions of my life. Moreover, it came from a person who I don’t remember telling me anything else in my life ever and have always supported and respected my decisions.

This happened when I decided to apply for science in class 11 as most of my friends were doing so. Well it doesn’t mean that I was not good in science and was amongst the top 3 students in my school in science in class 10. But somehow I did not enjoy science as much as enjoyed economics and commerce and probably deep down wanted to go down that path.

My dad after knowing about my decision to take science was having a casual chat me with and during the discussion and made a very casual remark ‘everyone should do what they really want to do and not just because their friends / colleagues are doing’. Well though he never told me directly that I should not be taking science, but somewhere that remark stayed with me leading me to do a lot of introspection and finally I did what I should have done the first time – Apply for commerce. Well a lot of you may think, it wasn’t a big deal, I could have changed the stream post my class 12.But then if the foundation is strong, the building can resist all the turmoils!

I was able to do what I wanted and should have done and I am very happy to say – Thank You Dad, you mean the world to me, having always guided and supported me in whatever I wanted to do.

I am participating in the #SachchiAdvice Contest by MaxLife in Association with BlogAdda.

#SachchiAdvice

No comments:

Post a Comment